Lesson Twenty-two: Laban, A Deceitful Father-in-law
Lesson Text: Genesis 29:1-35
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Laban.
Memory Verse: Genesis 31:7
- Genesis 24:29-31
- Genesis 50-60
- Genesis 27:43
- Genesis 28:2,5
- Genesis 29:1-31:55
- Who is Laban the Syrian? What does his name mean? Genesis 28:5
- How came Laban and Jacob to be acquainted? Genesis 29:1-14
- Who were Laban’s daughters? Genesis 29:16
- When was the first time that Laban deceived Jacob? Genesis 29:18-28
- How many years did Jacob serve Laban for Rachel? For Leah? Genesis 29:20,27
- How did Laban seek to deceive Jacob a second time? Genesis 30:28-32; 31:7
- How did God make Jacob a wealthy man at Laban’s expense? Genesis 30:27-31:12
- What was the attitude of Rachel and Leah toward Laban? Genesis 31:14-16
- Why did Jacob seek to leave Padan-Aram secretly? Genesis 31:31 Was Jacob justified in his thinking?
- When Laban and Jacob parted what did they swear to each other? Genesis 31:43-55
- What kind of believer in God was Laban? Genesis 24:30,53; 30:27; 31:30
- What was the sin that caused Laban to ultimately lose his family?
- Do you think that Laban learned his lesson at Gileed?
- How did Jacob’s experience with Laban prove to be a good thing for him?
- What is the one great lesson in Laban’s life for you?