Lesson Twenty-five: Simeon & Levi, Two Angry Brothers
Lesson Text: Genesis 34:1-30
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Simeon & Levi.
Memory Verse: Genesis 49:6
- Genesis 29:31-35
- Genesis 34:1-30
- Genesis 42:1-24, 36
- Genesis 49:5-7
- Who is Simeon? What does his name mean?
- Who is Levi? What does his name mean?
- What sinful character trait does Jacob attribute to them? Genesis 49:6
- What was the occasion when Simeon and Levi manifest this sinful character?
- What mistake had Dinah made that led to this tragedy? Genesis 34:1
- How did Shechem later try to make amends? Genesis 34:6-12
- What plan did Simeon and Levi make to get revenge on Shechem? Genesis 34:13-17
- What terrible thing did Simeon and Levi do? Genesis 34:25-29
- Where does Jacob take the family after the massacre at Shechem? Genesis 35:1-7
- What does Jacob announce as the consequence of what they did at Shechem? Genesis 49:7 When did this occur?
- Were Simeon and Levi justified in their anger toward Shechem?
- What mistake did they make regarding their anger? Ephesians 4:26, 27
- What should Dinah have known about the men of that day?
- Do you believe Shechem was sincerely remorseful and penitent? Genesis 34:19
- What is the one great lesson from Simeon and Levi for you?