Lesson Twenty-six: Judah, He Whom Thy Brethren Shall Praise
Lesson Text: Genesis 38:1-30
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Judah.
Memory Verse: Genesis 49:10
- Genesis 29:31-35
- Genesis 37:23-28
- Genesis 38:1-30
- Genesis 43:1-14
- Genesis 44:1-34
- Genesis 46:1-7, 28
- Who is Judah? What does his name mean? Genesis 29:35
- What was Judah’s part in the plan to kill Joseph? Genesis 37:26, 27
- What were the names of Judah’s sons? Genesis 38:3-5
- Who was Tamar? Genesis 38:6 Why did Tamar deceive Judah? Genesis 38:14-19
- What happened as a result of Tamar’s deception? Genesis 38:24
- What did Judah do when confronted with his own sins? Genesis 38:25-26
- What two sons were born unto Judah by Tamar? Genesis 38:29, 30
- What did Judah pledge to Jacob as security for Benjamin? Genesis 43:9
- How did Judah demonstrate his transformation of character to Joseph? Genesis 44:14-34
- Whom did Jacob appoint to lead his family into Egypt? Genesis 46:28
- What sins manifested themselves in the early life of Judah?
- What mistakes concerning his family life did Judah make?
- How did Tamar’s actions awaken Judah to his own lack of character?
- Compare and contrast Judah and Reuban.
- What is the one great lesson from Judah’s life for you?