Jesus to his disciples Mark 6:31 “Come away with me. Let us go alone to a quiet place and rest for a while.”
Earlier in the history of Israel – when the temple was dedicated – the Lord appeared to Solomon at night and said:
2 Chronicles 7:14-15 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.”
- God is moved by the ______________________ of his people!
- First, he calls them to ___________________ themselves.
- Second, he tells them to “pray and __________________ his face.” (vs. 14)
- Third, he tells them to “____________________ from their wicked ways” (vs. 14).
- People talk about being prepared for a crisis – financially, with adequate food, all these material things.
What is most important is ________________________ preparedness.
- Back to 2 Chronicles 20:
- The people of Judah surrendered themselves completely to ____________________ so that they wouldn’t have to surrender to their ________________________.
- When facing things that seem overwhelming realize, often it’s not God _______________ our problem; he enables us to _______________ our problems & withstand what is thrown against us.
- Sometimes we pray, “God, just remove this problem.” And God is saying; I’m __________ you in the problem, I’m going with you into the battle.
And in doing so – we witness the power of God!
QUESTIONS & EXERCISES
For Daily Devotionals or Bible Study Group
- When we look at our Lord Jesus, and the limits he accepted in taking on a human body, there were times when he could have been overwhelmed – but – he would say to his disciples, “come away with me. Let us go alone to a quiet place and rest for a while” Mark 6:31.
Discuss the limitations Jesus accepted coming to earth and the assistance His course of action bring.
- Discuss the implications on being overwhelmed from the following passage:
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.”
- Discuss the underlying requirement needed to fulfill the following:
2 Chronicles 20:16-17 NKJV Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the LORD is with you.”
- Discuss what the following Scripture implies about the Goodness of God:
2 Chronicles 20:21 NKJV And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: “Praise the LORD, For His mercy endures forever.”
- List at least three lessons you have received from this series.