Peak of the Week: My God and I – Part 3 of 4
You’re a good, good Father, It’s who you are, it’s who you are, it’s who you are. And I’m loved by you, It’s who I am, it’s who I am, it’s who I am.
-Songwriters: Anthony Brown and Pat Barrett
1 Corinthians 6:18 – “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.”
Psalm 89:26 – “You are my Father, my God, the Rock, my Savior”
WHAT HE MEANS TO ME AS MY GOD, MY FATHER
- He A__________________________ me. Joshua 24:17, “He protected us on our entire journey.”
- He B__________________________ for me. “God richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment” 1 Timothy 6:17.
- He C__________________________ me. Isaiah 28:26 – “God instructs and teaches us the right way.”
- He D__________________________ me. Hebrews 12:7-11
- He E__________________________ me. Read Psalm 136. There’s 26 verses and 26 times, at the end of every verse, you find this repetitive statement: “His love endures forever.” Every verse! There’s a powerful lesson there for everyone of us.
MY FUNCTION AS GOD’S CHILD
- I will F_________________ and G___________________ with him. Psalm 89:15 – “Blessed are those who walk in your presence.”
- I will be H_________________________________ from the world. 2 Corinthians 6:17, 7:1
- I will I_____________________ and J_________________________ him. 2 Corinthians 5:9 reminds us, “We make it our goal to please him.”
- I will K_____________________ him in return. 1 John 4:19 says simply and powerfully that we “love him because he first loved us.”
As the song, “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”, says, “Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.”