Life Is A Growth Adventure
This “adventure” called life begins with the very first words in the Bible. Genesis 1:1 In the Creation, as God created the different elements of our world, there’s a recurring statement in Genesis chapter 1: “And God saw that it was A_____________________…” Genesis 1:4, 9, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31
The beginning of each plant and animal was done by a miracle as God designed and spoke the world into existence. But after the days of Creation, God set in motion natural or physical laws that would take over.
- THERE ARE B_______________________________ LAWS OF GROWTH THAT GOVERN GOD’S CREATIONS. The beginning of each plant and animal was done by a miracle as God designed and spoke the world into existence. But after the days of Creation, God set in motion natural or physical laws that would take over. Don’t Just GO Through Life; – Rather GROW Through Life!
We are to “grow up into Christ” Ephesians. 4:15 and to “grow up in your salvation” 1 Peter 2:2. Have you reached your full potential for spiritual growth? Are there some areas of spirituality where you wish you were stronger? Do the demands of your life intrude on your desires to grow in the Lord? Do you feel your spiritual life is sometimes stale or stuck? Do you know how to gauge your growth? Are you aware of what next steps you need to take?
- THERE ARE C_______________________________ LAWS OF GROWTH THAT GOVERN OUR SOULS
- Important Truth: God has D_______________________________ you to grow! 1 Peter 1:1-2; Ephesians 4:11-16; Hebrews 5:12-6:3
- Key Thought: There is both a process called E____________________________ and an end or desired result called F_____________________________.
- The more health, the more growth. The more growth, the healthier we will be. It’s a cycle that we need to be committed to every day of our lives!
- THERE ARE TWO HUGE DIFFERENCES IN THESE TWO GROWTH LAWS:
- The physical world has G______________________________________ on its growth. That is – things deteriorate and die. Every person born has an appointment with death (Hebrews 9:27). Every plant or animal on this earth will someday die and the Lord God has stated that even this planet will meet its final doom in the day of God’s choosing.
- The spiritual realm has an H__________________________________ nature to its growth. The difference with this spiritual life is that while the body (the physical part) ages and begins to deteriorate, the “real you and me”, our spirit or soul, lives inside this temporary shell called a body, and will continue its growth until the day we die and graduate into our heavenly home. “Therefore, do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” (2 Corinthians 4:16)
- Being renewed daily in our inward being is what we call “spiritual growth.” And God has set us up for “spiritual success” by revealing in his Word how we can continue to grow through every stage and age of life.
Peak Passage of the Week: “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10
QUESTIONS & EXERCISES
For Daily Devotionals or Bible Study Group
- List 5 obstacles to growth in both the plant kingdom and human development. Are there some parallels to the spiritual kingdom?
- List 5 ways growth is stimulated in the same areas and again note any spiritual parallels:
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16 and list the key statements that apply to one’s spiritual progress.
- Read John 15:1-17 noting some of the “marks” of a mature and fruitful Christ-follower.
- Read 2 Peter 3:10-18 with emphasis on “our” response to the impending de-struction of earth.