Lesson Seventeen: Eliezer, Faithful as a Servant
Lesson Text: Genesis 24:1-67
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Eliezer.
Memory Verse: Genesis 15:2-3
- Genesis 15:1-21
- Genesis 24:1-67
- Who is Eliezer? (Genesis 15:2) What does his name mean?
- How did Abraham regard Eliezer prior to the birth of Isaac? (Genesis 15:2-3)
- What was God’s answer to Abraham’s concerns on this matter? (Genesis 15:4-6)
- Nearly fifty years later, what does Abraham ask Eliezer to do for his heir? (Genesis 24:1-9)
- Whom did Abraham say would go before Eliezer on this journey? (Genesis 24:7)
- Upon entering the city of Nahor what did Eliezer do? (Genesis 24:10-14)
- Who came to Eliezer at the well? (Genesis 24:15)
- How did Eliezer persuade Rebekah to return to Canaan with him? (Genesis 24:32-57)
- What kind of faith did Eliezer have in Abraham’s God?
- What was Eliezer’s conviction regarding his business? (Genesis 24:54-56)
- What character traits did Eliezer possess that made him a faithful steward?
- Why was Abraham so adamant in securing a promise from Eliezer that he would never bring Isaac into Padan-Aram?
- Did Eliezer become heir to the promise to Abraham? (cf. Hebrews 11:38-39; Matthew 8:8-11; Luke 4:25-27; Matthew 22:1-14)
- How would explain what happened at the well? Was it coincidence or something else?
- What is the one great lesson in Eliezer’s life for you?