You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.]
In the same way, let your light shine before others,
that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:14-16
“SonShine is obviously a play on words – a take-off from our physical Sun giving light and warmth to the world – and how Jesus Christ is the “Sun/Son” of our spiritual lives giving illumination to the truths of God and bringing warmth and life to our lives.
• Jesus came to be A____________________________. John 1:1-14
• His followers would be in his B____________________ of C_____________________. Colossians 1:12
• So, each of his followers (believers, disciples, Christians) would, in turn, become the light of the world. Note these references: “light of all mankind” – John 1:4; “give light to everyone” – John 1:9; “will have the light of life” – John 1:9; “while I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” – John 9:5
WHAT IS THIS “SonShine” PRINCIPLE?
It is both an exalted privilege and a necessary component of successful living to pattern your life, your beliefs, your character, your behaviors, your mindset after the greatest Person who ever lived – to SHINE like the SON of God shined!
• As you hold to God’s Word, you will D___________________ like stars in the sky. Philippians 2:15
• As you embrace spiritual wisdom, you will E_________ like the brightness of the heavens. Daniel 12:3a
• As you lead others to Christ, you will F_______________ like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:3b
• Jesus, the Son of God, is the G_____________________ of God’s glory and the H___________________ representation of his being.” Hebrews 1:3
• Therefore, as his disciples, we are “called” to follow in his I___________________________ (follow his example; imitate; transformed into “his likeness”. 1 Peter. 2:21
• This is only made possible by our J_______________________ and our K__________________. Gal. 2:20
FOUR STEPS TO BECOMING A “SonShine” FOLLOWER:
1. Remove the L__________________ from your life. Romans 3:23; Acts 2:36-38; Luke 13:3; Acts 22:16
2. M____________________ yourself into a clear N____________________. 1 John 1:5-10; Romans 6:1-18
3. Shine the light of O_______________________to your soul. James 1:21-25; Psalm 119:105; Psalm 119:11; Proverbs 6:23;
4. P_______________________ the love of God Q________________________ to others. Matthew 5:14-16; Proverbs 13:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12; 1 Peter 2:11-12
You may be the only Christian that another person knows.
You may be the only Bible that some people will ever read.
Your life may be the only sermon that some will ever hear.
You represent Christ and even our church wherever you are.
“The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine on us.” – Psalm 118:23