Lesson Twenty: Esau, A Profane Person
Lesson Text: Genesis 27:30-41
Lesson Aim: Learn important lessons for life from the experiences of Esau.
Memory Verse: Hebrews 12:16
- Genesis 25-28:9
- Romans 9:10-16
- Hebrews 11:20
- Who is Esau? What does his name mean? Genesis 25:25
- By what other name was Esau called? Why? Genesis 25:30
- What were the main pursuits of Esau’s life? Genesis 25:27
- What great men had an influence on Esau’s early life? Genesis 25:7, 17
- Whom did Esau marry? Genesis 26:34; 28:9 How did this affect his parents? Why?
- What was the blessing that Isaac bestowed upon Esau? Genesis 27:39-40
- When Jacob departed to Padan-Aram, what kind of relationship did he have with his brother Esau? Genesis 27:41
- When Jacob returned did their relationship stand? Genesis 33:1-16
- What nation is descended from Esau? Genesis 36:1-9
- How did God fulfill the blessing to Esau? Genesis 27:38-40
- How is Esau’s character described in Scripture? Hebrews 12:16
- Give examples which demonstrate this character in the life of Esau.
- With what kind of person is Esau contrasted in Hebrews 12:14-17?
- What evidence is there that Esau was guilty of the sins mentioned in Hebrews 12:15-16?
- Whose repentance was sought by Esau in Hebrews 12:16?
- Is there any evidence that Esau did repent and turn to God?
- What is the one great lesson in Esau’s life for you?